24/7 CRISIS LINES
Anyone experiencing a mental health emergency can call 911 for assistance and transportation to a local emergency room.
Several hotlines are also available for those in need of immediate help:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 272-8255
- Veterans- Press 1 or text 838255
- Spanish- 888-628-9454
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing 800-799-4889
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Northshore University Health Systems: (847) 570-2500
- Turning Point: (847) 933-0051
- St Francis Hospital: (708) 681-4357
- Haven Youth Services: (847) 251-6630 (Youth and Family)
- Northwest CASA Sexual Assault Hotline: (888) 802-8890
- YWCA Evanston/Northshore-Domestic Violence Crisis Line: (847) 864-8780 or (877)718-1868
Living rooms provide support and assistance with problem solving, referral for services and a safe space in which to rest or relax to adults over the age of 18. They can be used by those who need support but may not necessarily need hospitalization.
- Turning Point: 8324 Skokie Blvd., Skokie 60077. Call (847) 933-9202 to reach living room staff and check their hours.
- Josselyn Center: 130 N. Waukegan Road, Deerfield 60015. Call (847) 607-8915 to check their hours and prior to arriving.