24/7 CRISIS LINES
Anyone experiencing a mental health emergency can call 911 for assistance and transportation to a local emergency room.
Several hotlines are also available for those in need of immediate help:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Veterans- Press 1 or text 838255
- Spanish- 888-628-9454
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing 800-799-4889
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ Youth) (866) 488-7386
- Northshore University Health Systems: (847) 570-2500
- Turning Point: (847) 933-0051
- Screening Assessment and Support Services (SASS, Children and Adolescents) (800) 345-9049, TTY (800) 787-3224
- Haven Youth Services: (847) 251-6630 (Youth and Family)
- Middle and high school students can text “HELLO” to 1(844) 823-5323 24/7 to talk to a counselor.
- Northwest CASA Sexual Assault Hotline: (888) 802-8890
- YWCA Evanston/Northshore-Domestic Violence Crisis Line: (847) 864-8780 or (877)718-1868
Living rooms provide support and assistance with problem solving, referral for services and a safe space to adults over the age of 18. They can be used by those who need support in a crisis but may not necessarily need hospitalization but are not open 24/7.
- Turning Point: 8324 Skokie Blvd., Skokie 60077. Call (847) 933-9202 to reach living room staff and check their hours. https://www.tpoint.org/
- Josselyn Center: 405 Central Ave, Northfield, IL 60093. Call (847) 441-5600 to check their hours prior to arriving. https://www.josselyn.org/